Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and great tasting side dish using ingredients you have on hand. Clipped from the L.A. Times food section years ago.
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces or 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (I do like to use alot more)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (juice gives it a nice kick!)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (can use light mayo if you want to and I do use more than 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- In a bowl, combine broccoli, onion flakes, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Mix well. Spoon into a shallow nonstick baking dish. In another bowl combine cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top of broccoli mixture. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes.
Sorry, not to our taste at all. Maybe it needs fresh broccoli. Will try that.
This was a big hit with my family. And it was such an easy way to dress up plain broccoli--and all common ingredients that I usually have on hand anyway. I thought about tossing in a few pine nuts, but will save that for another time. Because it was postiviely delicious just the way the recipe is written. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sauce Lover. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.