I combined a couple of broccoli soup recipes to come up with this one. My husband and I love it!
Make and share this Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped small
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (thawed, if frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- hot sauce, to taste (I use about 1 tsp)
- On medium heat, in a large pot melt butter and olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots. Sweat.
- Add flour and stir.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add chicken stock and milk.
- When liquids are hot (not boiling) add velvetta and stir until cubes dissolve. Add broccoli, mustard and hot sauce.
Great soup! The texture/thickness was just right. The carrots added a nice subtle sweetness and color. I only used the butter and skipped the olive oil. I had no Velveeta so I used mild cheddar cheese. Loved it; thanx!