1/1 Photo of Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
I combined a couple of broccoli soup recipes to come up with this one. My husband and I love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped small
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- hot sauce, to taste (I use about 1 tsp)
- 1On medium heat, in a large pot melt butter and olive oil.
- 2Add onion, garlic, carrots. Sweat.
- 3Add flour and stir.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes, then add chicken stock and milk.
- 5When liquids are hot (not boiling) add velvetta and stir until cubes dissolve. Add broccoli, mustard and hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: