Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is on your table in about 20 minutes, the hardest thing about this recipe is opening the cans LOL!
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) packageschopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, cubed (or use cooked turkey)
- 2 lbs loaf Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large heavy-bottom pot melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onions, saute until the onions are translucent (adding in the garlic, if using the last 2 minutes of cooking).
- Add/stir in all the three undiluted soups, frozen thawed broccoli, Velveeta cheese, mushrooms and milk; cook stirring until the cheese melts and the broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Kitten another great recipe! So easy to make this broccoli soup with the cream soups and the cooked chicken added a little smokey flavor, so good!! I did leave the mushrooms out and didnt sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Thank you hon for posting this one!!