Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make when you don't have a lot of time.
Make and share this Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried onion or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Cook the broccoli in the water until tender but not mushy.
- Stir in onion or chives, cream of mushroom soup, milk and butter.
- Heat to a simmer and cook three minutes, stirring well.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Serve immediately.
I love this recipe. I cook the broccoli in chicken broth and add more cheese because we really like it cheesy. Even my picky 7 yr old eats this!
I thought that this recipe was really great as a base! I saw that another review stated that it was too watery. I cooked the broccoli in the microwave (with little to no water), used 1/2 cup skim milk, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1 1/2 shallots, light mushroom soup, no butter and 4 oz of light cream cheese and 4 oz of light velveeta. It is fantastic!! Not thin at all! Definitely will make again!
I made it Once and My kids and myhusband LOVED it know its a dinner we have every single weak!!!!!! I loved it with garlic bread!!!!!!!!!