Recipe by Shuzbud
This recipe is not meant as a main meal on its own, despite being named a casserole, but is a lovely side dish to accompany roast meat or something similar. It is very easy to adapt to the Weight Watchers Core plan- simply leave out the cheese, crackers and butter, and use low fat mayonnaise! It is originally from Paula Deen.
Top Review by Annacia
Broccoli is my fav veg an this recipe did it proud. I made lots and I'm so glad that I did because the leftovers were also marvelous. I just followed the recipe (ww version) with no additions and it was a 5 star hit here and it's quite likely to show up on the Christmas table.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set and golden.