Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is not meant as a main meal on its own, despite being named a casserole, but is a lovely side dish to accompany roast meat or something similar. It is very easy to adapt to the Weight Watchers Core plan- simply leave out the cheese, crackers and butter, and use low fat mayonnaise! It is originally from Paula Deen.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set and golden.
Broccoli is my fav veg an this recipe did it proud. I made lots and I'm so glad that I did because the leftovers were also marvelous. I just followed the recipe (ww version) with no additions and it was a 5 star hit here and it's quite likely to show up on the Christmas table.
Very, very nice, although I did tweak it a little in that I used a can of cream of broccoli soup & added a bit of lemon pepper seasoning (as did another reviewer, I see!) & that was most satisfying for 4 of us! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
We really enjoyed this recipe. I did add 1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning, and 2 cloves of minced garlic .... and okay probably a handful more cheese than specified! :) Very tasty side dish with grilled chicken. Thanks Shuzbud! Not your PAC mom, but wanted to suprise you!