Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 heads broccoli, and stems cut up
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, if desired
- Steam broccoli until fork tender, drain.
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, eggs, onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Toss with steamed broccoli.
- Sprinkle cheese over if desired.
- Put into a greased 9x11 baking dish.
- Bake at 350' for 1 hour.
Very good broccoli casserole. It's not to moist or too dry; just right. I did use the optional shredded cheddar cheese on top....yum! Like the previous reviewer, mine was done at 45 minutes. This is a great one for kids. I will make this again and try swiss cheese on top. Thanx!
Good stuff! I made this casserole half topped with cheese and half without; not surprisingly, the side with the cheesy topping was a lot better. I'm sure any type of shredded cheese will do (I used fresh parmesan). I had to remove the casserole from the oven at 45 minutes to prevent it from burning on the top; otherwise, I followed directions closely. Thanks for the easy recipe!