Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr
I modified the chicken casserole recipe from the Campbell's soup cans to fit our budget, this is cheap, easy and delicious to boot!
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk (use soup can)
- 3⁄4 cup rice (I use enriched long grain)
- 1⁄3 of a cup frozen broccoli florets (approximately)
- cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients except the cheese in a 2 quart casserole dish (I use the empty can to measure out the water and milk).
- Cover and put in the oven until rice is tender (about an hour).
- Remove from oven and add cheese to taste, wait about 2 minutes or until cheese has melted - there will be a little liquid left, you can let it sit longer for the rice to absorb it.
- Serve and enjoy.
My family loved this...will make it again.