Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious! You can add chicken to make it a great one-dish meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets (petite size)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Parboil the broccoli florets until crisp-tender and then drain well.
- Place the prepared florets in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soup, milk and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup cheddae cheese.
- Pour soup mixture over the broccoli and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over the top of the soup mixture.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Mix butter and bread crumbs together.
- Spread bread crumb mixture over the top of the casserole to cover.
- Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- You can also add cubed cooked chicken to this recipe (about 2 cups).
- Place the chicken over the broccoli layer and then pour the soup mixture over that.