Recipe by breadmantalking
A quick and easy brioche recipe for those who want the luxury without the wait!!
Top Review by Riham Y.
This recipe is extremely easy, tasty and flaky. I actually made it in the bread machine on the dough setting. I think this recipe needs a couple of tweaks though. The brioche was almost beyond done after 15 minutes. I think 20 minutes would have burned these delicate buns. The dough was very sticky so I had to add flour. Also, the outside doesn't have that smooth texture. I can't tell what caused that. Could it be too much yeast? All in all, it was very tasty and authentic, except for some aesthetic issues.
- 500 g bread flour
- 250 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 15 g instant yeast
- 5 g salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, diced (unsalted)
- 1 egg white (mixed with a little water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together in your mixer until you get a nice really smooth dough. This can take a while. In my case it took about 15 minutes, scraping down the dough every few minutes from the dough hook in the mixer.
- After it's mixed, place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to coat (so it won't dry out) then let it rise in a draft-free place until doubled. This might take as much as 2 hours since the large amount of butter will slow the rise. WAIT!
- After rising, de-gas the dough, cut it into about 12 equal pieces, press them fairly flat then add some chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into a round shape and place on parchment paper to rise, covered for about 45 minutes. If you want, you can instead place the filled dough balls in a lightly greased muffin tin to maintain the round shape. They do come out much prettier that way! Let the dough rise in the tin until they overflow the tops a little to make the traditional 'mushroom' top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 365 F (185 C). Just before placing in the oven, brush gently with a wash of egg white and water. Sprinkle with sesame seed if you want. I think it make them tastier but it's just a matter of taste. Bake for 10 minutes, turn them 180 degrees for even baking, them bake another 10 minutes.