Recipe by BecR
An easy breezy recipe for refrigerator dill pickles that was shared with me by a gardening friend. She says her family won't eat any other pickles--they are that good!!! Share and enjoy!
Top Review by *Parsley*
So easy and sooooo good! These pickles have excellent flavor and the perfect balance of sweet, sour and salty. I made no changes to the recipe other than an extra clove or two of garlic. My whole family loves these so I'll be making these regularly. Thanx!
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 -10 whole black peppercorns (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 4 garlic cloves, Lightly Smashed
- 3 -4 whole bay leaves
- 2 -3 fresh whole cucumbers, Cut Into Thick Slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt (and whole peppercorns, if using) and garlic to a saucepan and stir well. Make sure the sugar is totally dissolved. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and add the dill. Let the pickling mixture completely cool. Add in the bay leaves.
- While your pickling mixture is cooling, fill a clean one-quart Mason jar with the cut cucumbers and gently pour in the cooled pickling mixture, covering the cucumbers. Cover, and let sit in the refrigerator at least overnight. Serve to your loved ones, and they will thank you.
- Share and Enjoy:.