Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this hummus when I was on weight watchers. It's easy, inexpensive and delicious
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- in food processor, mix chick peas and peanut butter.
- add garlic and olive oil, lemon juice.
- add yogurt until you get sedired consistency.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- You can also add: chopped olives, chopped roasted peppers, jalapenos, parsley, etc.
Loved the flavor and texture of this hummus. Until I got to the salt and pepper. I don't know why I wasn't more cautious but I added the entire tsp of salt at once and found the result far too salty for my taste.