Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very simple recipe that ANYBODY can make. It is very filling and very satisfying! It is a large recipe, but I usually freeze some for another meal. It freezes well. I devised this recipe so it wouldn't take as long to make vegetable soup.
- 1 (32 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beef stock
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 turnip, diced (optional)
- 1 cup cabbage (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic, if desired
- In large Dutch oven add veggie juice, stock and water and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add lentils and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add potatoes, onion and cabbage (if using).
- Cook for 10 minutes then add the frozen mixed veggies.
- Cook until desired tenderness in vegetables.
- Serve with crusty bread or homemade biscuits and a green salad.
- This recipe is absolutely delish!