1/4 Photos of Easy Breezy Chocolate Mousse
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe hails from Austria, the use of chocolate with whipping cream and cinnamon is typically Austrian. Even though there is no gelatine used, it firms up nicely and has a creamy, silky texture. 2 hours of cooling is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/3rd of the whipping cream in a heavy bottomed sauce pan but don't let it boil, turn off the heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted, add 1 tsp cinnamon and the grated orange zest und mix well.
- 2In a large mixing bowl whip the rest of the cream to stiff peaks, pour the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and and carefully fold in with a spatula, do not stir.
- 3Pour the mixture in 4 dessert bowls, put the rest of the cinnamon and the cocoa in a tea strainer and sieve over the dishes.
- 4Put in the fridge and let set for at least 2 hours or over night.
- 5When ready to serve, garnish with a swirl of orange zest and some fresh mint.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Breezy Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.4
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g