Recipe by Chef Jantzen's Mom
This is the best tried and true Creamy Broccoli Soup that my family and friends have LOVED for years. Great to warm your bones on a cold Fall or Winter night and quick to make.
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) canof campbells cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1 -8 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Broccoli florets in 2 cups of unsalted water til fork tender. I sometimes use an immersion blender to break it down into smaller bits. Add the 3 undiluted cans of cream soup to the undrained broccoli. Stir over medium heat. Add Half and half (or milk) to thin the soup to consistency of your liking. Add grated cheese and stir to melt.