Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy way to serve bread with a meal or as an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 day-old French bread
- I usually go to the bakery at my grocery store and there is a shelf with day old bread that is already sliced. I usually pay less than a dollar for the loaf.
- In a small pan add two tablespoons of butter, one tea spoon or minced garlic, and some Italian Seasoning. Melt the butter and simmer for minute and set aside. *Hint* You can also microwave this in a small bowl.
- Get a metal baking tray and cover it with foil.
- Take the day old bread and begin toasting the pieces in the toaster. You want to toast them just long enough for the edges to turn brown.
- When you have enough bread to cover the metal baking sheet you need to take a spoon and drizzle the garlic butter over the toast.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted.
Made this using 2 large, thick slices of a nutty, whole grain bread & for the 2 of us it was definitely a winner that way! And now I want to try it as written, with the much smaller French bread & serve them as appetizers at a potluck we're hosting in a couple of weeks! It should be very, very well received! Thanks for sharing this nice keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
I made a single serving of this tonight as a side to Recipe #206133. I used whole wheat bread and added some red pepper flakes to the cheese. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing, CIB. **Made for Spring PAC 2008**