1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This reminds me of the sausage my Dad made with venison. I didn't like eating "Bambi", but I loved his sausage. While I am not normally a breakfast eater, I have seen some rather luscious pancake and French toast recipes posted. Add some maple syrup and I'll join you for brunch! The recipe is from Bon Appetit 1989. Prep time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak bread in milk in a large bowl for 5 minutes, tear bread into small pieces, gently squeeze out excess milk and return to bowl after discarding milk.
- 2Heat 1 tbls oil in a heavy skillet, add onion and sautee until soft.
- 3Add onion and remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- 4With wet hands, form into 24 balls, then flatten each ball until 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or make the day before.
- 6Cook sausage patties in the remaining 3 tbls of oil over medium about 5 minutes per side and drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Breakfast Sausage Patties
Serving Size: 1 (1907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.7 g