Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can store these premade in the fridge, and cook them first thing in the morning.
Make and share this Easy Breakfast Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Stir flour, salt, baking powder and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Combine milk, eggs and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place on lightly floured board and knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll or pat into rectangular shape 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup melted butter. Spread over dough.
- Roll dough as for jelly roll.
- Seal edges and cut into half inch slices.
- Combine remaining butter, brown sugar and nuts.
- Sprinkle lightly over bottoms of greased muffin pans.
- Arrange slices cutside down over this mixture.
- Bake 375F 25-30 minutes.
- Turn pans upside down on cooling rack and lift off rolls.
- Serve hot.
I just made these for a breakfast I am going to. The over all look of the rolls were good. I followed the recipe as written except I did add a few raisins and a little more cinnamon. The taste was good, but I thought the roll itself was a little dry.
I made these for Christmas morning and they were yummy indeed. However the sugar, cinnamon and melted butter filling needs to cool a bit before spreading on the dough for rolling. The mixture was too warm/runny and resulted in a lot of the filling being pushed out as I rolled the dough. I improvised after and spooned what remained (upon cooling) onto the tops of the muffins.
I liked this recipe, (especially because it was so fast to put together & clean up!) but the texture of these rolls was a little different than I expected--more like a biscuit and very dense; still tastes good but was unexpected. Don't skimp on the filling or the topping--I cut the recipe slightly but should not have. Overall, good flavor & very 'stick to your ribs' for breakfast or tea.