Recipe by Miss Annie
Who says you only have to have nachos for appetizers? This is a quick breakfast or brunch dish that has lots of zip.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Another winner from Miss Annie. This was simple and tasty. A nice simple no fuss breakfast that the whole family can enjoy. Definitely in the keeper category. Thanks. I'm always at a loss as to something different to make for breakfast. I'll be making this one again. :-)
- 8 ounces bulk breakfast sausage, cooked,drained and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (or home made salsa)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sausage, eggs and green onions in medium bowl.
- Pour butter in medium baking dish; add sausage mixture.
- Top with chips; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted; top with salsa.
- Serve immediately.