Recipe by lindsay827
This recipe was given to me years ago by my MIL and it goes over well every single time! You can substitute the ham for any meat you like or just go with mushrooms and/or spinach for a vegetarian version.
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked ham (or 6-8 slices bacon)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- *This recipe needs to be assembled the day before you plan to bake/eat!
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray, tear up bread and cover bottom generously.
- Cook meat of choice and add with mushrooms and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat eggs, add milk, mustard and worcestershire.
- Pour over top of bread mixture.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cover and leave in refrigerator over night.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven 40-45 minutes. (I remove foil when it has about 5-10 minutes left to brown the cheese).