Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A co-worker brought this to a potluck and it was the bomb! I can't believe I never thought of this before! It is just too easy. I wonder if it could be made the day before?
- 1 (10 1/8 ounce) can croissants (the new flat roll out one is the best)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half (optional)
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lightly butter large casserole dish (optional). Unroll croissants and lay flat in single layer in large casserole dish.
- Brown sausage in pan and layer on top of croissants.
- In seperate bowl, scramble eggs with 1/2 and 1/2, salt and pepper. Layer on top of sausage.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Delicious! I baked the crescents for about 10 min, then put the rest of the ingredients on, and baked for an additional 30! Thanks for posting!
I made this Christmas Eve for our Christmas morning breakfast. This will definitely be a repeat. I used milk instead of half-and half and regular Jimmy Dean sausage. I had a smaller can of crescent rolls, so I only used 4 eggs. I cooked this for 20 minutes and then refrigerated it. I finished cooking it Christmas morning and it was awesome! Thanks for a great recipe
Croissants are the key to this recipe and what won over my children. Easy and a real breakfast my kids will love.