1/2 Photos of Easy Breakfast Bake
This breakfast bake is made with a mixture of grits and cheese, baked with eggs broken on top. From: Southern U.S. Cuisine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy skillet, brown sausage, breaking up with spatula.
- 2Drain off excess fat; set aside.
- 3In a saucepan, bring salted water to a boil and stir in grits.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 5In a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, pepper and milk.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until blended.
- 7Add sausage and half of the cheese sauce to cooked grits.
- 8Pour mixture into lightly greased casserole. With back of a large serving spoon, make 4 indentations in grits.
- 9Break an egg into each indentation.
- 10Bake at 325° for 15 to 18 minutes, or until eggs are done as desired.
- 11Reheat remaining cheese sauce to serve with grits and eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Breakfast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 291.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g