Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
As I was growing up, I had 10 brothers and sisters including myself. We saw a few lean times and sometimes a Good bread pudding was the only dessert we would get; but this is an easy quick memory-filled dessert, still good for this day and age.
- 1 1⁄2 cups small cubed bread
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted oleo
- Place bread cubes in an 8-inch square baking pan or dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour over bread.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, milk, salt, vanilla and oleo.
- Pour over bread.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.
- Top with vanilla sauce or lemon sauce.
It is sooo easy and yummy.My little girls enjoyed helping me to make it and loved eating it as well
A good recipe-I also cut back on the sugar about 1/4 cup.left out the oleo and let the milk mixture soak in. It was really good. daughter-in-law asked for the recipe.
Absolutely fantastic!!! My huys favorite desert is bread pudding. As a suprise I prepared this before he got home. I couldn't help picking at it before he got home. We gobled more then half up that night. The kids enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I made a large batch and had some left over heavy cream that I used instead of the milk. It was great! the only thing I will do different next time is maybe not add as much liquid or I didn't realize untill it was to late that you are supposed to let it sit for awhile so the bread can soak up the fluid. So it started out a little to runny but I just baked it off a little longer and again it was awsome!