Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has got to be one of my biggest comfort foods. And to top it off, it's low fat!
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and egg whites.
- Beat in milk, honey and vanilla.
- Stir in bread cubes.
- Pour into 8 inch baking dish, sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
I'm not sure if I used the wrong bread (it was homemade cinnamon raisin and was good on its own) or what, but I found this to be bland. I added additonal cinnamon and some nutmeg but still found it to be bland. Maybe some extra honey or sugar??