Recipe by kitchengod
Easy 5 ingredient recipe for pizza dough. You can also use half as much white flour and substitute wheat flour or semolina flour
Top Review by justapeesacake
I wish there were a way to give this recipe zero stars... it was the worst recipe I have ever tried. In fact, it nearly blew up my bread machine ! I added all ingredients as instructed and waited the ten minutes to see if it needed extra water. It was totally dry and the paddle could barely turn. I then added the water a tiny bit at a time but it never did turn out to be a usable dough. I worked in a bakery for 25 years, so "dough" isn't something new to me ! It ended up in the garbage can and I would warn anyone to be careful before trying this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, plus 2 tbs separated
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour or 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast, for bread machines
Directions See How It's Made
- Load all ingredients into the bread machine IN ORDER LISTED making a small well in the flour for the yeast.
- Set machine to dough cycle and start.
- After about ten minutes add a bit of water if the dough seems dry.
- You may also add spices and dried herbs to the dough. Add them after the salt but before the flour.
- Roll dough onto pizza pan, top and bake at 400 degrees for 15- 20 minute.