This is from an Italian lady from church. This made a wonderful 16 inch pizza. The herbs in the crust are a nice touch. Try this it is easy and a nice dough to work with and best of all tastes great. Baking time does not include bread machine mixing and rising.
- Add all ingredients to bread pan in the order given.
- Select dough cycle.
- Add water if too dry. A little at a time.
- After dough cycle is complete, roll dough or stretch to fit pizza pan.
- We sprinkle our dough pan with cornmeal but its just an option.
- No need to let dough rest again just start loading up with sauce and toppings.
- Bake pizza at 450 for 15-20 minutes.
Oh so so yummy!! One small tip though... I would bake the dough for 7 minutes or so before putting the toppings on to prevent the pizza from getting soggy. Hope this helps and Enjoy!!
This was really good. I used a rimmed cookie sheet for the pizza and it was really thick (I prefer a thinner crust) but the kids loved it. This was really easy to do. I did add a little bit of garlic powder (1 teaspoon)because we love garlic. The taste was really good. The kids devoured 2 pizzas for lunch. I think next time I pull a bit of the dough off and make a small veggie pizza for myself.
I've made this twice now. First time, used the whole crust on a big stone. Made a huge, very thick pizza. Second time, I divided it into two, thinner crust pizzas. Dough is a dream to work with. Crust has great flavor because of the cheese and italian seasoning. I'll use this over and over again! Thanks for posting.