Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". The cookbook is from Vicksburg, MS. Very easy pickle recipe! Delicious!
Top Review by 907182
I bought a gallon of kosher dill. What was I thinking?? After eating 3 or 4, I couldn't stand them any longer. I had heard about a recipe to convert dill to sweet from my MIL (who is actually from Vicksburg so maybe she read the same book...) but she couldn't find it. Ta Da! You can find anything on the web. It is easy and the pickles are great. Give me turkey, wheat bread and a jar of these and I will be set for life...
- 1 quart kosher dill pickle, drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak pickles in cold water in refrigerator over night.
- Wipe dry.
- Slice pickles and put back in jar.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, cloves, and celery seed in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over pickles.
- Replace top.
- Turn upside down for 12 hours.