1/4 Photos of Easy Bread and Butter Pickles
Karen From Colorado's Note:
These pickles are so much better tasting then the kind you buy in a jar. Fresh from the stove and chilled in the refrigerator to your table for your summer evening barbeque. Prep time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 small pickling cucumbers, unpeeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1Combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, dry mustard, turmeric, crushed red pepper, and celery seeds; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 3Pour cucumber mixture into a large bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 4Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- 5You can spoon cooled cucumbers and their liquid into jars with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Bread and Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (2941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1979.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g