Recipe by Miss Karyn
I found this recipe online (source: available upon request) and I wanted to add it on here for safe keeping. I saw another similar recipe on here, but this one was different enough for me to add this one. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds delicious! I mean how can you go wrong with warm, chewy, cheesy bread!
Top Review by Ilovemy4kids
There is indeed a similare recipe to this one, but that one has flour in addition to the tapioca flour so I thought I would try this one as I was going for the chewier texture. I used a mixture of mozzarella, and two kinds of smoked European cheeses that someone had given to me and baked them in a regular muffin pan. The tops will not get brown even when the bottoms are and they baked up really puffy and chewy. Loved them. Thank you for posting.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups tapioca flour (scant)
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated cheese, recommended (Mexican farm cheese (queso fresco)
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with egg at room temperature. If you did not plan ahead for this, you can quickly bring your egg to room temperature by putting it in a bowl of warm (NOT hot!) water for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a mini muffin tin.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides to ensure everything gets blended. At this point the batter can be stored in your fridge for up to a week.
- Pour batter in muffin tin to just below full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffy and lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack for a minutes and eat warm!