Prep 10 mins
Cook 47 mins
This recipe creates very juicy tender pork chops, and caramelized onions. I serve the onions over mashed potatoes.
- 4 pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 -3 onions, sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in medium hot skillet.
- Brown chops for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chops from pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic in pan 2 minutes, until soft.
- Reduce heat to low, and return chops to pan.
- Spread the onions over the chops, cover and braise for 45 minutes.
This was okay. It was too much onion for me. The onion taste was overpowering. Next time I make it, because it is a good recipe, I will use one onion and a few other seasonings.
i gave used thie recipe so many times! its quick and easy fool proof. The porck chops are so tender.
entire extended family LOVED this.
I did add a few things...besides onions I threw in some mushrooms and some green/red/yellow pepper as well as some Mrs Dash....cooked all just as the recipe said and everyone one is still talking about it :)