Recipe by mplsgirl
This is a great comfort food - perfect in cool weather. It goes well with a variety of main dishes, and is very easy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, halved
- 6 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large oven-safe skilet, heat oil and butter over med-low heat. Add onion, and cook until very soft, about 15 minute.
- Stir in the rosemary, potatoes, and shallots and season with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to med high and cook until potatoes begin to brown, about 10 minute
- Remove from heat, and add chicken stock.
- Cover skillet and transfer to oven. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minute.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is reduced, about 20 minutes, then serve.