Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This pie is super-easy to make, just mix and bake, it's no-fail recipe and ALWAYS sets just perfectly when baked. You can use chopped pecans in place of walnuts. Use your own favorite pie crust or use my No-Fail Butter Pie Crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust. This pie is still good even without the bourbon, but better with it lol!
Top Review by -Sheri-
This was delicious! Made it for Christmas eve. It taste like pecan pie but with walnuts. My whole family loved it and it was very easy to make. I chose this recipe because I had all these extra walnuts and it turned out to be the "big Hit" It's going into my special 10 star cookbook. Thanks for posting.
- 1 unbaked pie shell, dough (to fit bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (can use more for a sweeter taste)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsley chopped walnuts
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface into about a 14-inch round circle.
- Transfer to a glass pie plate.
- Fold edge under and crimp decoratively.
- Place in the fridge while mixing the filling.
- To make the filling: Whisk all ingredients except the walnuts in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in the walnuts; mix to combine.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the filling is set in the center when the pie is shaken slightly (about 50-55 minutes).
- Cool pie completely.
- Cut into slices and dollup with whipped cream.