Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie is super-easy to make, just mix and bake, it's no-fail recipe and ALWAYS sets just perfectly when baked. You can use chopped pecans in place of walnuts. Use your own favorite pie crust or use my No-Fail Butter Pie Crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust. This pie is still good even without the bourbon, but better with it lol!
- 1 unbaked pie shell, dough (to fit bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (can use more for a sweeter taste)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsley chopped walnuts
- whipped cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface into about a 14-inch round circle.
- Transfer to a glass pie plate.
- Fold edge under and crimp decoratively.
- Place in the fridge while mixing the filling.
- To make the filling: Whisk all ingredients except the walnuts in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in the walnuts; mix to combine.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the filling is set in the center when the pie is shaken slightly (about 50-55 minutes).
- Cool pie completely.
- Cut into slices and dollup with whipped cream.
This was delicious! Made it for Christmas eve. It taste like pecan pie but with walnuts. My whole family loved it and it was very easy to make. I chose this recipe because I had all these extra walnuts and it turned out to be the "big Hit" It's going into my special 10 star cookbook. Thanks for posting.