Recipe by PRuehrwein
**This glaze is the best!! If you are looking for a frosting that is the closest thing to fudge this side of heaven, this is it!
CAKE (prepared as directed on box)
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare batter for cake layer as directed on box and bake as directed using (2) 8 round baking pans. Remove one layer from pan and cool.
- Beat pudding mix, cold milk, powdered sugar and cocoa until blended and thickened.
- Spread pudding between layers.
- Spread with Chocolate Glaze. Cover and refrigerate.
- Chocolate Glaze: Blend melted butter and cocoa.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in water, 1 tablespoons at a time, until glaze is desired consistency.
- Beat until smooth and use immediately.