1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
**This glaze is the best!! If you are looking for a frosting that is the closest thing to fudge this side of heaven, this is it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CAKE (prepared as directed on box)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1Prepare batter for cake layer as directed on box and bake as directed using (2) 8 round baking pans. Remove one layer from pan and cool.
- 2Beat pudding mix, cold milk, powdered sugar and cocoa until blended and thickened.
- 3Spread pudding between layers.
- 4Spread with Chocolate Glaze. Cover and refrigerate.
- 5Chocolate Glaze: Blend melted butter and cocoa.
- 6Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 7Stir in water, 1 tablespoons at a time, until glaze is desired consistency.
- 8Beat until smooth and use immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Boston Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 708.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 57.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g