Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try this on the grill, it's awesome! (heat the grill to high, sear the lamb for about 5 minutes on all sides, reduce the grill heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes for med-rare). Plan ahead the lamb needs to marinade for 24 hours. Since the lamb is butterflied you will need a large baking pan to cook in the oven, to save time as your butcher to butterfly it for you.
- 1 (5 lb) boneless butterflied leg of lamb
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (can use a couple tablespoons more if desired)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- In a large heavy plastic ziploc bag combine the honey vegetable oil, lemon juice, Dijon, onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and black pepper (I use about 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper).
- Add in the lamb and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Seal the bag tightly and place in a large bowl; refrigerate for 24 hours turning the bag occasionally to coat evenly in the marinade.
- When ready to cook, remove the lamb from the plastic bag and discard marinade.
- Let the lamb sit out a room temperature for 1 hour and 15 minutes before cooking or grilling.
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the lamb dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, then sear lamb on both sides for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb to a large greased baking sheet.
- Cook the lamb for about 20-25 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.