Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a variation on other recipes. I much prefer this one because it takes less ingredients and has much less sugar, and I never have sour cream in the house for more than an hour before somebody has devoured it with Doritos! I'm going to experiment sometime next week with making REAL stuffed (without the white bread--just thick hollow French Bread).
- When you cut the crusts off the bread, be sure to save as much of the bread part as possible, and cut off JUST the crust.
- Grease an 8x8-inch glass dish.
- Lay the slices of white bread, with crusts removed on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle bread with blueberries and ensure good coverage.
- Place cream cheese and butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you're rather do this with a pan, feel free--remember to stir!
- When the cream cheese goo is hot and well mixed, carefully stir in sugar and almond extract.
- Carefully smear cream cheese over the blueberry mixture.
- Layer the 4 (if your French bread is small, you may have to use more, the point is to have the French Bread cover the dish) French bread slices on top of the cream cheese.
- In a tall glass or jar crack 4 eggs and add the milk and cinnamon.
- Whisk with a fork until well blended.
- Carefully pour egg mixture on the French bread and slightly squish the French bread with a fork to help the absorption.
- Ensure that all the French bread slices are well covered.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil (spray with cooking oil so it doesn't stick).
- Let sit in the fridge overnight, or for at least 3-4 hours.
- When its ready, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- If you feel that its not cooked well enough, please cook longer--its at your discretion!
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used day old home made wheat bread I bought at a local store and strawberries because that was what I had on hand. The top was a little dry, I think this was my error. I think I may have overbaked it. It was delicious and even better on day two. This is great for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning when you want a no fuss breakfast that is delicious.