Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe goes together very quickly and is so easy to do! Originally from a Good Housekeeping magazine, many years ago. Cherry or other flavors of pie filling would be equally delicious! Try it slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm....
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal,flour, brown sugar,baking soda, salt and butter.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into a 9 inch square pan.
- Pour pie filling over crumbs.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 9 squares.