Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one easy, creamy, soft, light dessert that you'll need a spoon for.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 dash lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon and vanilla extracts. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 3/4 of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread into crust.
- Dot with blueberry pie filling, and smooth with spatula to cover.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with remaining cream.
Wow...this was a huge hit in my house. Desserts normally last at least a couple days, but I made this for dinner the night before last and woke up yesterday morning to an empty dish on the table (raiders got into the fridge overnight). I made my own graham cracker crust, pressed it into the bottom of a 9 X 9 glass baking dish, then layered the cream cheese/whip cream filling after pre-baking the crust (and allowing it to cool). To speed things up, I chilled it in the freezer for about an hour. Just before serving, I added the blueberry pie filling and chilled for a few minutes more in the refrigerator. This couldn't have been much easier...thanks Rita!
I juggled a few things around while making this recipe ~ Used 16 ounces of cream cheese & added just half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese ~ A VERY NICE TASTING TREAT, & I'll be keeping the recipe around! Thanks for sharing a great dessert! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the US Regional Alphabet Tag ~ New England]
Very very good. I agree with the other reviewer that it makes a bit of a mess when you want to slice it up into wedges and get it out of the pie plate........The filling is just a tad too soft, I think. But the taste is FAB. I omitted the lemon extract and i used 200ml of cream instead of one cup (240), because they come in little packs of 200ml and I didnt want to buy another just for the extra lil bit of cream. It would be great with all other pie toppings too...I would say it is more of a CreamCheese Pie than cheesecake.