Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
These take only minutes to prepare, and they are soooooo good! You can prepare the slices hours in advance and broil just before serving. Sprinkle only VERY lightly with sugar!
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 23 slices from a French baguettes, cut into about 1/2-inch thick (you might get more than 23 slices from the baguette)
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a bowl mix together blue cheese and butter.
- Spread and divide the butter/cheese mixture equally on top of the bread slices.
- Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle VERY light with sugar.
- Broil until topping is just browned and the cheese softens (about 1 minute).
- Transfer to a serving platter.
These were so good as a quick and easy appetizer. Very elegant paired with a glass of white wine.
Yummy Yummy. This super simple and super tasty. Use as an appetiser munchie or as a side with salad or pasta. Either way it's a winner! Thanks Kitz.
Thanks for another great recipe KittenCal! Wow, these are good! I was looking for an easy last-minute appetizer for Thanksgiving, and found this. I didn't have a baguette on hand, but I did have a loaf of rustic sourdough bread in the freezer and it worked just fine. I used a mesh tea-ball to sprinkle on the sugar. Interesting flavor combination...but it works :).