Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The tangy taste of blue cheese with a sweet dressing makes this easy to whip up slaw GREAT for any summer meal.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cut vegetable oil
- 1 lb cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 package crumbled blue cheese
- Combine apple cider vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; add oil in a slow steady stream stirring constantly with wire Wisk until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Combine cabbage and blue cheese, cover and refrigerate for at least 1hour.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over cabbage and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
I made this slaw with feta cheese, and it was delicious. Next time I'm going to serve it over some slightly mashed new potatoes. The dressing is just tangy enough.