Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up to get rid of some aging bleu cheese dressing, but it turned out absolutely delicious and it was so easy to make! You can use more or less bleu cheese dressing depending on how oily a dish you want this to be; I made it the first time with an entire bottle but that was a bit excessive.
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken breast halves or 6 chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Skin and debone chicken if necessary.
- Place bleu cheese dressing and breadcrumbs in separate, shallow containers.
- Dip chicken pieces in bleu cheese; then dredge in bread crumbs until thickly coated.
- Place in greased glass baking pan; pour any remaining bleu cheese dressing and bread crumbs over top.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
I made an account just to tell you that this recipe is amazing!!!!! One if the simplest things you'll ever make, and one of the most pleasurable things you will eat. I made this with asparagus, which was drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper at the same temp in the oven for 15 min. I was told
I used bone-in thighs so temp and time was increased. 475 degrees for 30 minutes, turned over after 15 minutes. Chicken was moist with a hint of bleu cheese. Maybe marinating the chicken in the blue cheese dressing would have brought out a bit more flavor but it was quick to make and enjoyed very much.
Yummy! Just remember though to use smooth bleu cheese dressing and not chunky. We made the mistake of using chunky and it didn't coat the chicken as nicely as the smooth would have.