Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
4 ingredients to make a quick impressive cake. You can make it all from scratch using my lemon curd recipe/angel food recipe. But the idea for this is quick and easy! And most of all yummy!
- 12 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
- 10 ounces lime curd
- 16 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 (16 ounce) pre made angel food cake, cut in half
- Place one layer on a serving platter.
- Spread lime curd on layer then spread a bit of whipped cream, place 1/3 of the berries on the whipped cream.
- Top with the other layer.
- Spread whipped cream over the cake and arrange berries on top.
I made this cake tonight for my mom's birthday. She loves lime and blackberries and the combinations was wonderful. It was super easy to put together and took only 5-10 minutes. It was light and flavorful and reminded us of spring. Perfect for Easter. Could sub blackberries for any berry. I did use homemade lime curd and it was wonderful, but lemon would be just as good and easier to locate. Terrifc, easy, unique and tasty cake! Thank you!
With everything pre-made, this IS quick and easy! I also used lemon curd. I made this on the spur of the moment, so used blueberries for the fruit, and nonfat whipped cream. The flavors all go very well together!
Made for PAC - Easy is an understatement on this pretty and very tasty cake. It has great stage presence and everybody loved it. I did use lemon curd in this as I couldn't find lime but I don't think it took anything away from it. It's light and I could have ate the whole thing myself but had to share with the family LOL I will make this again. Thank you!