Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something that I threw together when I couldn't have the pasta with meat sauce that I was preparing for my family. It's quick and easy.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (check the label for gluten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cook the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Place the ground beef back into the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Turn the heat to med and let the mixture simmer until hot (approx. 7 minutes).
- The dish will be like a thick soup. You can drain off the excess broth if desired.
- This can serve 4 as a side-dish, or 2 as a main entree. Add a touch of sour cream or grated cheese, if desired.
So after googling a whole lot of recipes that I could make with my available ingredients, I was very lucky to select this one. So simple, so tasty.
Simple and yummy, the whole family enjoyed. I used leftover brown rice, cut up broccoli and 1/2 pound of ground beef.Thanks for posting.
Absolutely delicious! I only used about 1/4 cup beef bouillon so that it would not have excess liquid. I did also add a couple tablespoons of margarine and a very small amount of red pepper flakes. This is a great meal: quick, easy, and cheap; and even my picky husband enjoyed it. Thanks!