Recipe by Patty Mae
I use this recipe as a side dish for Arroz con Pollo, or it makes a great vegan main dish served with rice and chopped raw onion.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cansunseasoned black beans (I prefer Goya)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and green peppers and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and saute for several more minutes.
- Add beans, oregano, cumin, salt and white wine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 2 hours.
- Just before serving stir in sugar and vinegar.