Little Of Everything's Note:
This is something I threw together once out of my pantry and it has become a very regular addition to my meal rotation.Lettuce, and tortilla chips are approximate, use as much as you like. You can add whatever you like for toppings: tomatoes, avocado, black olives, jalepinos. Whatever really. Depending on what you put on them, they have the potential to be pretty healthy. Hope you love it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the black beans and put them in a large skillet. Mash them slightly with a spoon.
- 2Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies. For spicier salad use the liquid from the can, for milder drain the can and use 1/3 of the can of water.
- 3Add the taco seasoning. Mix well.
- 4Simmer until it reaches the thickness you'd like, I like it about chili consistency. Don't turn the heat too high or it'll burn.
- 5Cover a plate with tortilla chips, I like to crunch them slightly so that they are bite size.
- 6Top with lettuce, and bean mixture.
- 7Add toppings as you like them: cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, peppers, ect.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Black Bean Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1488.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g