Recipe by Little Of Everything
This is something I threw together once out of my pantry and it has become a very regular addition to my meal rotation.Lettuce, and tortilla chips are approximate, use as much as you like. You can add whatever you like for toppings: tomatoes, avocado, black olives, jalepinos. Whatever really. Depending on what you put on them, they have the potential to be pretty healthy. Hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the black beans and put them in a large skillet. Mash them slightly with a spoon.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies. For spicier salad use the liquid from the can, for milder drain the can and use 1/3 of the can of water.
- Add the taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Simmer until it reaches the thickness you'd like, I like it about chili consistency. Don't turn the heat too high or it'll burn.
- Cover a plate with tortilla chips, I like to crunch them slightly so that they are bite size.
- Top with lettuce, and bean mixture.
- Add toppings as you like them: cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, peppers, ect.