1/7 Photos of Easy Black Bean Soup
Tessa Morales's Note:
This soup is a favorite pantry meal for my family. Easy, easy, easy to make and nutritious. I got the recipe from the back of a soup can but have improvised this soup many times. Feel free to adjust seasonings as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in olive oil.
- 2When onion becomes translucent, add cumin.
- 3Cook 30 seconds, then add garlic and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds.
- 4Add 1 can black beans and 2 cups vegetable broth.
- 5Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 6Turn off heat.
- 7Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients in the pot, or transfer to a blender.
- 8Add the second can of beans to the pot along with blended ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- 9Serve soup with bowls of red onion and cilantro for garnish.
- 10I add a bit of cilantro to the pot, too.
- 11Can be doubled or frozen.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g