Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on FoodNetwork.com and have made it almost every week since discovering it, with some tweaks to the original recipe. It is low fat, high protein and delicious! A definite crowd pleaser!
- Chop the onion and peppers and saute until soft.
- Toss vegetables with cumin and cayenne pepper until well coated.
- Stir in black beans.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blend entire soup until it has smooth consistency.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and diced onions as desired.
Quick, easy, and healthy! I juat added some garlic to this for a little more flavor. I thought the cumin and cayenne amounts worked very well. It was spicy, but not too much. I pureed all but about 3/4 cup, just to give some texture. The only thing I would change is to reduce the broth to only 3 cups next time. Thanx for sharing!