1/1 Photo of Easy Black Bean Soup
From Real Simple magazine, Fake it, Don't Make it section, Nov. 2003. Canned black beans, salsa, sour cream and canned chicken broth-and Lime and dry sherry are optional. OK to freeze since it reheats beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat salsa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the beans and broth, then heat to boiling; reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Cool slightly, then spoon half the soup into a food processor or blender and puree.
- 4Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and heat through. (I think this means with the other half that is not pureed so that it has some texture).
- 5Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, and a squeeze of lime (if using). Or stir in 1-2 tablespoons dry sherry to each bowl.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 778.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g