Recipe by Katha
Top Review by *Parsley*
For very little effort, this yields quite a healthy, tasty soup. I used a good-quality, fresh salsa and I think that's very important. I simmered everything first and then used my immersion blender right in the pot. I used all the garnished listed. Great lunch. Thanx!
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa (I used mild)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 59.16 ml fat free sour cream
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- shredded cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In electric blender or food processor,combine beans,broth,salsa, cumin & garlic powder.
- Blend until fairly smooth.
- Heat mixture in a sauce pan over med heat until heated through.
- Ladel into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1/2 Tbs green onion & 1 Tbs sour cream, Add cheese if desired.