Recipe by Loretta in Louisiana
This is a quick and easy Salsa. It is the recipe of Bettie Lake, of Scottsdale, Arizona that she published in the "The Best of Country Cooking, 2000"
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canslice ripe olives, drained (optional)
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Cut up tomatoes; place in a bowl.
- Add juice, beans, chilies, onion, bilatro or parsley, salt and olives; stir until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve with tortilla chips or ans an accompaniment to Mexican food.