I do prefer fresh ingredients, bu tin a pinch, this salsa is quick and easy to prepare with pantry staples.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, Pressed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Cut up tomatoes; place in a bowl.
- Add juice and all remaining ingredients; stir until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as an.
- accompaniment to Mexican food.
- Yield: about 4 cups.